Currently available to customers based in the U.S., Canada, UK, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Austria, and Belgium.
As a super admin for your organization, you can set up a Google Meet global dialing subscription to allow paid dial-in and dial-out calls in video meetings. Users in your organization can add someone by phone from any country. Participants can also dial in from an expanded list of supported countries.
There is no subscription fee. You are only charged a per-minute rate for phone calls.
Note: The Meet global dialing subscription is not required for calls to the U.S. and Canada or for Meet dial-in numbers with no per-minute-rate cost.
Use Google Voice with Meet
If you're managing call settings for Meet, you may also want to try Google Voice for your cloud phone systems. For more information, go to Manage Google Voice in the Admin console.
Before you begin
- A Meet global dialing subscription enables billing, but there is no subscription fee. You are only charged for phone calls. If your phone carrier charges long distance and usage fees, they will still apply.
- For information about your charges and dialing rates, read How Meet global dialing billing works.
- For a complete list of supported countries, read Countries where you can use a phone with Meet.
- If you're using Google Meet hardware, make sure the Call phones setting is turned on in the Google Admin console. For more information, see Change settings for all devices.
Note: This option is only available if your Google Workspace billing location is in a supported country.
In the Admin console, go to Menu BillingSubscriptions.
- Click Add or upgrade a subscription.
- On the left, click Google Workspace add-ons.
- Under Google Meet Global Dialing, click Get Started.
- Review the summary and click Get Started.
- Select your purchase options and click Checkout.
- Select the country and currency for your billing account, if available.
- Review the payment plan details. Fees vary based on the country and carrier where calls are placed.
- Review your selection and review the Dialing rates and coverage.
- Enter your payment information and click Place Order.
- Not required if you already have a Voice subscription.
- Monthly payments are automatically billed to the payment method and based on actual usage.
After you add the Meet global dialing subscription, you need to turn on global dialing in the Admin console so participants can dial in or add people by phone using the expanded set of numbers. You can turn global dialing on for everyone. Or, turn it on for different groups or departments. Add Meet hardware devices to groups or departments with global dialing so users can dial out to more numbers.
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsGoogle WorkspaceGoogle Meet.
- Click Meet video settings.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit or a configuration group.
- Click Telephony and check the Allow dial-in access to video meetings box.
- Check the Allow paid dial-in and dial-out calls in meetings box.
- Click Save. If you configured an organizational unit or group, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit, or Unset a group.
Changes can take up to 24 hours but typically happen more quickly. Learn more