Available if you make payments on the monthly Flexible Plan. If you're on the Annual Plan, you can switch editions after you Switch from Annual to Flexible Plan.
To upgrade from the legacy free edition of G Suite, go here instead.
You can transition your G Suite or Google Workspace subscription to Business Plus edition.
What to know before you switch editions
Everyone in your organization gets the same subscription. For example, you can’t transition some users to Business Plus while others keep using Business Standard edition.
If you’re on an Annual/Fixed-Term Plan, the transition includes all of your current users.
Only organizations with 300 or fewer users can switch from an Enterprise edition to a Business edition.
If you switch editions during your free trial, any unused days apply to your new subscription. For example, if on the 10th day of your free trial you switch editions, the last 4 days of the free trial apply to the new subscription.
Not sure which edition to switch to? Compare features in Google Workspace editions.
What features will I lose?
Sign in to compare features
If you're already an administrator for a G Suite or Google Workspace account, sign in now to compare features across available editions: Sign in to your account (doesn't end in gmail.com).
What to do before you switch
Prevent storage restrictions on users
Verify users’ storage doesn’t exceed 5 TB
- Check the storage usage for each user in the Admin console reports.
- If any users are using more than 5 TB of storage, you can:
- Ask them to reduce their storage usage before you switch.
If users’ storage exceeds 5 TB after you switch
Users who use more than 5 TB don’t lose any data, but they have the following restrictions:
- Gmail—Users see warnings that they soon won’t be able to send or receive messages.
- Google Drive—Users can’t sync to or upload any new files or save Gmail attachments to Drive, including from their Google Drive desktop folder. Users can still create Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, because they don’t take up any storage space.
- Google Photos—Users can upload only new photos and videos under certain size limits. For details, see Choose the upload size of your photos and videos.
Step 1: Switch to Business Plus
From the Admin console Home page, at the top left, click Menu BillingGet more services.
Scroll to Business Plus and click Upgrade or Downgrade.
Review the impact this change will have on your organization, and then click Get started.
Select a payment plan:
- Flexible Plan—No long-term commitment, pay for the users you have each month, and add or remove users as needed.
- Annual Plan (Monthly Payment)—Requires a 1-year contract, pay monthly for users committed upfront, and add users as needed. You can increase the number of users in the users needed field.
(Optional) Under Flexible Plan, click Add promotion code and enter any promotional code you have.
Click Place Order.
(Optional) Step 2: Set up data retention with Google Vault
You can preserve data in supported Google Workspace services indefinitely or delete it after a set time, as required by your organization's information governance policies. To learn more, go to Set up Vault for your organization.