YouTube TV is a paid membership that offers:
- Live TV from major broadcast networks
- Unlimited DVR space
- Popular cable & premium networks
YouTube TV also brings you shows from YouTube creators, trending videos on YouTube, and YouTube Originals. Learn more about getting started with YouTube TV below.
Things to know before you startPricing information
A YouTube TV Base Plan costs $64.99 + tax/month.
When you sign up for YouTube TV, you'll be asked to share your home zip code. We may also ask you to confirm your location via your device location permissions. Doing so will make sure you get access to the correct local networks. Learn more about location requirements and permissions.
New YouTube TV subscribers are eligible to sign up to try YouTube TV for free. With a free trial, you get access to over 85 channels offered in the Base Plan for the length of your trial period. You can also sign up to try extra networks, like HBO Max, before adding these to your YouTube TV membership.
When you start your free trial, YouTube TV will authorize your credit card with a small fee. Your financial institution will get an authorization request from us, and the fee will be reflected in your account. This authorization is required to make sure your credit card is active. This amount will be automatically removed from your account once we confirm the card is active (your financial institution can specify when this action will happen). YouTube TV does not support purchases made with prepaid credit cards.
- For a YouTube TV Base Plan, free trial lengths can vary. Free trials for extra networks have separate sign-up and billing. You can sign up to try and manage add-on networks in your YouTube TV account Settings.
- If you cancel during your free trial, you'll lose access to YouTube TV (including any add-ons) immediately upon cancellation.
The steps below will help you sign up and customize a YouTube TV Base Plan.
Step 1: Sign up for YouTube TV
- Download the YouTube TV app.
- In the app, tap the button to begin the free trial.
- Sign in with your Google Account.
Step 2: Confirm your home location
When you sign up for YouTube TV, you'll be asked to share your home zip code. We may also ask you to confirm your location via your device location permissions. Doing so will make sure you get access to the correct local networks.
If your home zip code appears incorrectly, select I don't live here and enter your home zip code.
Step 3: Customize your membership
- Review the networks included in your YouTube TV Base Plan. You’ll also see the price of your membership.
- Select Next to proceed to the next step.
- Add any premium networks to your Base Plan by tapping the circle next to a network. You can add any number of premium networks during your free trial.
- Select Next when you're satisfied with your selections.
- Confirm the credit card you'd like to use to pay for your membership. You won’t be charged until after your free trial expires, and you can cancel at any time. Learn more about using Google Pay.
- Select Buy to complete the sign-up process.
- You can log back into YouTube TV by selecting Already a member? and entering your Google account info.
- Having trouble signing up or logging in? See tips for troubleshooting account login issues.