If you subscribe to our 4K Plus add-on (available on YouTube TV), or to NFL Sunday Ticket (available on YouTube or YouTube TV), there’s no limit to the number of concurrent screens you can watch on while at home. Once you’ve purchased 4K Plus or NFL Sunday Ticket, as long as you’re watching on your home Wi-Fi network, you’ll get unlimited streams for YouTube TV Base Plan content (with 4K Plus), or unlimited streams for NFL Sunday Ticket programming (with NFL Sunday Ticket).
Learn more below about how to set your home network on a smart TV, and how this works for 4K Plus and NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers.
Set your home network & get unlimited streams at home
To set your current Wi-Fi network as your YouTube TV home network, go to your YouTube TV settings:
Note: Setting your home network is currently available on smart TVs only. We’re planning to bring this option to additional devices later on.
- Open the YouTube TV app on your TV device.
- Select your profile photo Settings Streaming limits.
- At the bottom, select Set current network as home.
Once your home network is updated, you’ll see the pop-up “Connected to your home network.” You’ll receive unlimited streams while connected to this Wi-Fi network.
Learn more about unlimited streams at home
How many times can I set my home network?
You can change your home network up to 3 times within 30 days.
I am paying for NFL Sunday Ticket. Why am I hitting a stream limit on my YouTube TV content?
Can I set my home network on a mobile device, or a computer?
You can only set your home network on a smart TV.
I’m a YouTube TV subscriber. Why don’t I see the option to “Set current network as home” in my YouTube TV settings?
If you haven’t purchased the 4K Plus add-on or NFL Sunday Ticket, you won’t see the option to set your current Wi-Fi as your home network.
I’m on a YouTube TV family plan. Why don’t I see the option to “Set current network as home” in my YouTube TV settings?
If you subscribe to a YouTube TV family plan, only the family manager can set the current network as home. Family members won’t see this option.
When the family manager updates the home network, family members will get access to unlimited streams while watching on this Wi-Fi network.
I’m currently traveling. Why can’t I see the option to “Set current network as home” in my YouTube TV settings?
You can only set your home network within your home area, so you won’t see this option when traveling outside your home location.If you moved recently, first update your home area in your YouTube TV account. After that, you’ll be able to set your home network.
Will I have unlimited streams when I watch games on local TV channels?
Why am I getting an error when I should have unlimited home streams?
In case you get an error message while trying to stream games, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that you’re using the YouTube TV app on your smart TV. If you’re in a family group, you must be the family manager to set up the home network. Family members cannot set up the home network.
- Follow the steps to set the home network. Once complete, go to Settings Streaming Limits on the YouTube TV app on each affected TV and confirm that you see the green check mark that says “Connected to Home Network.”
- Try resetting your home network if you’re still getting an error message such as, “Couldn't update. Try again.” or not seeing the green check mark.