If you're a YouTube Music Premium member, you can enjoy content offline by downloading songs, videos, and podcasts to your mobile device.
You'll need to reconnect to the internet at least once every 30 days to maintain your downloads.
Download music to listen offline with YouTube Music (iOS)
There are two ways to download content to listen to offline:
- Turn on your offline mixtape. The app will automatically download content based on your previous listening history. Learn how to view, pause, or delete your watch history. If you turn off your listening history, you can still listen to music offline via a generic offline mixtape. Note: Offline mixtape is not yet available for podcasts.
- Choose specific playlists, songs, albums, or podcast episodes to download.
Learn more about YouTube Music Premium and how to start your trial.
Turn on offline mixtape
- Open the YouTube Music app.
- Tap your profile picture.
- Tap Downloads .
- Tap Settings .
- Switch on Download an offline mixtape.
Once turned on, your offline mixtape automatically downloads music based on your listening history. If you don't like a song in your offline mixtape, you can remove it by swiping to the left. When you remove a song, it won’t be re-added to your mixtape, but you may still see it elsewhere in the YouTube Music app.
The music selection is refreshed every 24 hours when you're connected to Wi-Fi. Music that is downloaded can be played for up to 30 days after you've disconnected from the internet. Note that when you reconnect to the internet, some content may no longer be available due to content changes or restrictions made by the video creator.
Download playlists and albums
Anywhere you see a playlist or album within the YouTube Music app, tap More and select Download. You can also click the download arrow on the album or playlist details page.
Download songs and podcast episodes
To download songs and podcast episodes,
- Go to the episode’s detail page.
- Tap Menu Download .
Download storage space
The number of songs and podcasts you can download depends on how much free space is available on your device. It's also impacted by the length and quality of the audio or video files that you wish to save.
You can manage your offline mixtape settings and choose between audio or video downloading by tapping your profile picture Settings Downloads & storage.