The info below is about the YouTube Studio mobile app, learn more about video restrictions on a computer or in the YouTube Studio app.
Video restrictions may prevent viewers from watching your video or could impact monetization if you’re in the YouTube Partner program.
Check video restrictions
- Open the YouTube Studio app .
- From the bottom menu, tap Content .
- In the Videos tab, find and select the video with a restriction. To filter your videos, tap Filter and select your filter(s) under Restrictions:
- Made for Kids: Made for kids (set by you), Set to made for kids (by YouTube), Not made for kids, or Not set.
- On the Details page, select Restrictions to get a summary of your video restriction and checks status.
Understand video restrictions
- Copyright claim: If you upload a video that contains copyright-protected content, your video could get a Content ID claim or copyright strike.
- Community Guideline strikes: If your content violates our Community Guidelines, your channel will be issued a strike.
- Age-restrictions: If your content isn’t appropriate for viewers under 18, we may place an age-restriction on your video.
- Made for Kids: If your content is set as made for kids, we'll restrict certain features to comply with applicable laws.
- Ad suitability: If you’re in the YouTube Partner Program and your content isn’t suitable for most advertisers, your video will have limited or no ads.