A: What to do if you find access to YouTube suspended/your YouTube terminated
- Please read carefully and at length before acting as there is a lot to take in and consider.
- Please also keep an open mind, though I know you are stressed by what has happened.
II. Next steps:
1. Go to your YouTube directly, using its /channel/ URL (if you do not know it- use this video's instructions to locate it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4668-fynfw). This will give you the (very general) termination reason in a red banner instead of your YouTube.
This could look like this:
or like this:
If you would like to understand more please refer to this non-exhaustive but certainly expansive article by fellow TC longzijun: https://longzijun.wordpress.com/2017/01/31/youtube-channel-suspensions. It might make it clearer that there can be any number of reasons which you might not have considered why your suspension is legitimate but unexpected. It will help with the next step:
2. Use this link (which is actually what the above landing page tells you to check, but doesn't give you a link for) to learn more: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2802168. This is the YouTube specific version of the generic one you landed on. This is what it looks like:
Read the info, watch the video (it is actually very helpful and I recommend that you take the time to understand it) and then-
1. the /channel/ URL in 1. above,
2. the sign in email address which should be the master/owner Google Account's email address username (do not use a manager email as that wont identify you as having authority to ask for an appeal) or, if your YouTube is associated with a Brand Account, the @pages "email" which you find like this (you can use this video for the how to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSHkPYzffLI):a) Sign into your YouTube's Google Account,3. your full name (the name of the owner of the owner Google Account, that is)
b) go to My Account found in the drop-down menu revealed when you click your avatar at the top right (at YouTube this is the same as clicking the email itself). The direct link is: https://myaccount.google.com,
c) click on your avatar again and select All of your Brand Accounts >>. The direct link is: https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts?continue=https://myaccount.google.com
d) select the Brand Account relating to your terminated YouTube,
e) click on Your personal info and then-
f) click on Email to reveal the email which takes the format of [youtubename]-####@pages.plusgoogle.com.
4. a contact email (use the master/owner email, not the @pages one), and-
5. your reason for believing that your YouTube has been terminated in error.
Appeal once (no more, it just slows everything down for everyone as well as for yourself) per terminated YouTube channel/Brand Account you have. Meaning that if you have five YouTubes which are terminated- appeal each one with each their own unique /channel/ URLs. Here is a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYSmjja-BJs) I made about this (you can click the image to go to it):
a) Be prepared to wait:Sometimes you have to wait a long time for a response from the appeal team. This is because it is real people (i.e. humans) really looking over the termination(s) which you bring to their attention. The wait can be four weeks. It has been seven a couple of years back. It can be a lot shorter.b) Confused by the answer when you get it? Read on to find out which are the most common ones:• Answer received: Sometimes you might get a reply telling you that it's good news and you ought to be able to sign in.• Reason for it: In that case- you have almost certainly supplied the wrong info and they've checked the wrong Google Account/YouTube product.• What to do: Do appeal again but this time correct your mistake. Obviously if you give them a non-owner Google Account's email address username they WILL tell you that all is well and that you're not suspended from YouTube. Because, after all, that is not YOUR YouTube. ;)• Answer received: Sometimes you might be told that you haven't BEEN suspended from YouTube for copyright infringement strikes.• Reason for it: In that case- you have almost certainly used the wrong process (the copyright team being different folk altogether) or have mentioned copyright strikes in your appeal words when your YouTube has been terminated for spam, something different entirely.• What to do: Do appeal again but this time correct your mistake- using the correct form for the termination reason and also supply relevant information. Remember that if you ask the wrong question you can but get the wrong answer.• Answer received: Your YouTube is not in violation of [whatever reason was originally given] and they will reinstate it and your access to YouTube is unsuspended. But a couple of days later you are still unable to use YouTube.• Reason for it: In that case- the reviewers have overturned their original decision for the original reason given (i.e. shown in the red banner on your YouTube) but the system hasn't yet fully completed the task or there is another issue you've not addressed, sometimes something related or something which happened since the original termination.• What to do: If it is just a case of the system not having caught up- wait a week and check back. In the case of additional issues- you will need to work out what else is wrong and address this using the correct process.
• Answer received: Your appeal has failed and you're to remain suspended from YouTube, no longer permitted to use YouTube despite believing yourself to be blameless.• Reason for it: In that case- the reviewers have upheld their original decision for the original reason given (i.e. shown in the red banner on your YouTube) or even changed/updated it.• What to do: You may well need to accept that something you did, however innocently, was in violation of the ToS/CGs and/or laws that you are no longer permitted to use YouTube.
• Answer received: You already have an appeal pending and have to wait or refer yourself to the decision if you've received on• Reason for it: The reviewers can see that you have already appealed for that YouTube channel's termination and need you to wait to hear back or accept their decision,• What to do: Wait. Or read the response you received for your appeal and accept it.
...can you please check my channel again to see
Hello YouTube Team ,
...please help me open my account and channel .
I wasn't able to fill the form because i had no access to my account, but i appealed via my recovery email and the wasn't much detail to provide as in those form, will my appeal get reviewed?
But I cant find my suspended YouTube channel in "All brand account".Please help me find my brand id.
Hi, I've appealed since youtube suspended me the channel, but I did not get any answers,
I received only an automatic email from the system, I think that my appeal was not read, but they sent me an automatic reply,
PLEASE HELP ME TO TAKE BEHIND MY CHANNEL, I DO NOT KNOW THAT RULES I HAVE VIALOTO, WHEN SINCE 2 JANUARY HAS NOT HAD NO VIDEOS TO MY CHANNEL, AT 9 JANUARY MY SUMMER SUSPENDED CHANNEL,
This is the original answer of my appeal
Jan 9 (6 days ago)
We received your appeal the account suspension, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Best regards,The YouTube team
Jan 9 (6 days ago)
Thanks to the use of the account suspension. We decided to keep the account suspended based on our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service. For more information, please visit the http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines page.Do not reply to this email. The answers will not be processed. For more information, please visit the Help Center
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.