Video restrictions may prevent viewers from watching your video or could impact monetisation when you're in the YouTube Partner Programme. For example, it might not be appropriate for viewers under 18, or there could be a pending copyright issue. To learn more, see our monetisation icon guide.
Check restrictions on your video
To see if restrictions are impacting your video:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left-hand menu, select Content.
- In the Uploads tab, find your video in the list and check the 'Restrictions' column. If a restriction is listed, you can hover over it to learn more and resolve the issue.
Types of restrictions
Terms and policies
- Your video contains inappropriate content that violates our Community Guidelines
- You artificially increased your view count
- You violated the YouTube Terms of Service
- There is a trademark issue with your video
- We receive a legal complaint about your video
If you have age-restricted content, the following messages may appear in the 'Restrictions' column:
- Age restriction (set by you)
- Age restriction (set by YouTube)
Made for Kids
If your content is set as Made for Kids, the following messages may appear in the 'Restrictions' column:
- Made for Kids (set by you)
- Set to Made for Kids (set by YouTube)
If you're in the YouTube Partner Programme and your video is running limited or no ads, you can view it in the 'Restrictions' column. You can also check your review status when you've requested a review. Learn more about monetisation changes.