Video restrictions may prevent viewers from watching your video or could impact monetization when you’re in the YouTube Partner program. For example, it might not be appropriate for viewers under 18 or there could be a pending copyright issue.
Check restrictions on your video
To check if restrictions are impacting your video:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Content.
- In the Videos tab, find your video in the list and check the “Restrictions” column. To filter your videos, click Filter and select your filter(s):
- Age restriction: Viewers over 18 or none.
- Copyright claims: Copyright claims.
- Made for kids: Made for kids (set by you), Set to made for kids (by YouTube), Not made for kids, or Not set.
- If a restriction is listed, you can hover over it to learn more and request review.
Types of restrictions
Terms and policies
- Your video contains inappropriate content that violates our Community Guidelines
- You artificially increased your view count
- You violated the YouTube Terms of Service
- There is a trademark issue with your video
- We receive a legal complaint about your video
If your video isn’t appropriate for viewers under 18, it may be considered age-restricted content.
Made for kids
If your content is set as made for kids, we'll restrict certain features to comply with applicable laws.