Swap the audio track on your video
The audio swapping tool allows you to add music to your video from a library of licensed songs. These songs are from our free Audio Library, and you may use them in videos that you monetize on YouTube.
If your video contains copyrighted audio that has been claimed by Content ID or was manually claimed by the copyright owner, you can use the audio swapping tool to replace the selected audio portion of your video with the track. Once the claimed audio is replaced, the associated claim should be automatically released, and we’ll update any viewing or monetization restrictions on your video. You can also view the claimed segment(s) beneath the video player so you can position the audio track in such a way that will remove the claims from your video.
- If your video has over 100,000 views, you may not be able to save any changes to your videos. This restriction doesn't apply to users who are in the YouTube Partner Program.
- This feature is only available for videos shorter than 6 hours.
- You may only swap in one audio track from the Audio Library.
- Trimming your video following a swap may result in your video being muted.
Add an audio track to your video
- Go to your Video Manager page and click the arrow next to Edit on the video you’d like to edit.
- In the drop-down menu, click Audio.
- Click the Add or replace audio tab below the video player.
- Select a track by clicking Add to video and preview your video with the music track added.
- You can click Play next to the name of the audio track to preview the track.
- Search for a track using the search box, or browse tracks by genre, mood, or duration by clicking on the dropdown arrows for each menu. You can also choose to view All Tracks.
- Once you've found a track you like, click Save, and the new audio will be applied to your video. Audio tracks can be positioned by adjusting the audio track bar below your video.
- At the moment, only one audio track can be added to your video.
Customize audio position and length
After clicking Add to video and selecting an audio track, the name of the audio track will appear below the player in a highlighted bar. Click the bar.
You can now trim and drag the bar to customize the length and position by clicking on the beginning or end of the bar and dragging it to the left or right. After you've trimmed the track, drag it to a particular position in the video.
This feature allows you to set when an audio track will play in your video. When there isn’t a claim on your video, you can adjust the volume of the audio to play music only, favor the original audio, or mix both.
Click Save changes when you're happy with the positioning of the track.