Get music from the Audio Library
You can use the YouTube Audio Library to get free music and sound effects to use in your videos.
You can download and use some of our high-quality 320kbps audio tracks and sound effects royalty-free.
- Go to Creator Studio > Create > Audio Library.
- Use the tabs at the top of the page to choose "Free music" or "Sound effects." The bars next to the songs show how popular a track is.
- When you've found a track you like, click the arrow to download it.
- For easy access in the future, select the star to add the track to your Favorites.
Free music attribution & monetization
- Attributing your video: If you see an attribution-required icon next to a track, make sure to credit the original artist in your video description. Learn more about attribution on the Creative Commons website.
- Monetizing your video: You can monetize your video since free music isn't claimed through Content ID. If you're prompted to show that you have commercial use rights to the music, just make sure to include the music's exact title and that you downloaded it from the YouTube Audio Library. Learn more about supplying documentation to claim rights.
Note: YouTube cannot give you information about legal liability or other issues that can occur off the platform. You may wish to consult a qualified attorney if you have questions about your use of music.