Fix hacked YouTube account
Your account may have been hacked, hijacked, or compromised if you see:
- Changes you didn’t make: Your profile picture, descriptions, email settings, or sent messages are different.
- Uploaded videos that aren't yours: Someone has posted videos as your account. You may see email notifications about these videos, sometime in relation to penalties or strikes against bad content.
You can still sign in to your account
Follow the steps to secure your account.
You can't sign in to your account
For help getting back in to your account:
Help protect your account
Follow these steps to make your account more secure:
- Secure your account.
- Add recovery options to get back in to your account easily in the future. Learn how to set up recovery options.
- Turn on 2-Step Verification to add another layer of security to your account. Learn how to turn on 2-Step Verification.
- If you use Gmail, check your filters and forwarding settings. Make sure your mail isn't being forwarded to an email address you didn't set up.