Channel membership perks
Channels enabled for memberships can create members-only perks. These perks are only available to your active paid members. These include custom emoji, badges, and access to perks you offer.
All perks you offer must comply with our channel membership policies.
Channel membership perks
You must develop at least one perk (and up to five perks) that you will offer to your members. Your perks must comply with our policies and terms, and you must deliver all creator perks you offer. YouTube takes no responsibility for your creator perks and you must carefully consider whether you will be able to deliver what you offer to your members' satisfaction.Members-only Community posts
- Sign in to YouTube.
- At the top of the page, select Upload Create post.
- In the box at the top:
- Type a message to create a text post or add text to an image, GIF, or video post.
- Choose to create a video , poll , or image post.
- In the dropdown menu, choose whether to make the post public or members-only. Public is the default setting.
- Select Post.
- Upload a video and make sure you mark it as Unlisted or Private.
- Go to studio.youtube.com.
- In the left menu, select Videos.
- Find the video that you only want to share with your members Click on the dropdown in the “Visibility” column Select Members only (beta) Click Save.
- Select 1 of 2 options in the pop-up:
- Post to members: When you select this, you’ll be taken to the Community tab where you can share the video with just your paying members. You can customize the message to your members during this step.
- Not now: When you select this, notifications won’t be sent to your members which means your members won’t be able to find it. To make your video visible to your members, you’ll have to take the video URL and post it to the Community tab yourself.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Go to Creator Studio.
- In the menu on the left, select Live streaming Events.
- Under Chat, check the box next to Only members may send messages.
- Select Go live now.
Custom channel badges
Members will stand out in live chat, comments, and the Community tab via exclusive members-only badges.
Custom channel badges overview
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 6 months
- 1 year
- 2 years
Upload custom channel badges
Custom channel badges specifications
File size: Less than 1MB.
Image dimensions: Minimum 32px x 32px.
Custom emojiUpload custom emoji
As a best practice, we recommend picking a family name that is easily recognizable as your brand.
Each emoji will have a name that members can use to auto-complete in live chat. To change the emoji name, you must delete and re-upload the emoji. Emoji names must be 3-10 characters and unique within their emoji family (but not across YouTube).Number of custom emoji you can upload
As you gain more members, you will unlock additional slots for more custom emoji. You will not be notified when new slots are unlocked.
|# Members||# Emojis|
|5000||Talk to us|