Learn about YouTube family plans
Get a YouTube family plan to share a YouTube paid membership with up to 5 other members of your household.
How the family plan works
- A YouTube family plan allows you to share your YouTube paid membership with up to 5 other family members—ages 13 and up—living in the same household (residential address).
- As the account holder, or family manager, you'll create a Google family group. You can invite family members to the group to share your YouTube Premium, YouTube Music Premium, or YouTube TV membership with them.
- As a family member, you can use your own Google Account to access the YouTube paid membership. Your viewing and listening preferences are all your own—you'll continue to see your personal library, subscriptions, and recommendations. These preferences won't be shared across accounts.
- Sharing your YouTube Premium, YouTube Music Premium, or YouTube TV membership as part of a family group also lets you share other Google services with the same people. Learn more about family groups on Google.
Family manager requirements
As the family manager, you're the only person who can purchase a YouTube family plan or make membership decisions for the family group. You'll set the household location, and can invite or remove family members.
To share your YouTube family plan with your family group, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a Google Account
- Live in a country/region where YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium is available (Note: Family plans are not available in Korea)
- Not be part of another family group
- Not be signing up with a G Suite account
Family member requirements
The family manager can invite up to 5 family members to join a family group.
To join a family group sharing a YouTube family plan, you must:
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?