I can't watch the video I downloaded
Learn about how to download videos, and review the steps below for help resolving your issue.
Check your device
If you recently got a new phone or tablet, note that videos aren't transferred to other devices — they're saved to each specific device.
Check your membership status
Make sure your YouTube Red membership has not expired. You can double check at youtube.com/manage_red.
Check that you're signed in
Make sure that you're signed in to the Google account associated with your YouTube Red membership:
- Try signing out and back in to the account associated with YouTube Red. Note: If you're using the YouTube app on your TV, you may have to do this on your computer.
- Check that you see the YouTube Red logo (instead of the YouTube logo) in YouTube.
Using YouTube on a smart TV?
- Make sure you're signed in on your TV to the Google account associated with your YouTube Red membership.
- If you're casting to your TV, make sure you're signed in to the correct account on both the TV and the computer or mobile device you're using to cast.
- If you're using Google Home, make sure you're signed in to the correct account in the Google Home app.
Contact support & submit product feedback
If you're still having trouble, contact support. When contacting support, please mention the following:
- Do you see an error message?
- Where does it show and what is the exact text? Include a screenshot, if possible.
Send product feedback to YouTube:
- You can also submit feedback about your issue. You won't get a response, but your feedback will be shared with YouTube.
- To do this, select your profile photo > Feedback in YouTube.
- Make sure to check the box for "System logs." This helps us better understand your issue.