If you don’t have YouTube Premium or if downloading isn’t available to you, the download button will be unavailable and grayed out on made for kids videos.
Common troubleshooting steps
Check that you're signed into YouTube Premium
- Try signing out and back in to the account associated with YouTube Premium.
- Check that you see the YouTube Premium logo (instead of the YouTube logo). In the YouTube mobile app or on your computer, you should see the YouTube Premium logo in the top-left corner of your app or browser.
- Make sure you're signed in on your TV to the account associated with your YouTube Premium membership.
- If you're casting to TV, make sure you're signed in on both the TV and the computer or device you're using.
- If you're using Google Home, make sure you're signed in to the correct account in the Google Home app.
Check that your membership hasn't expired
Check YouTube Premium availability in your location
Additional troubleshooting steps to try
Check the strength of your internet connection
Check how many devices you've downloaded on
Contact support & submit product feedback
If you're still having trouble, contact support. When contacting support, mention the following:
- Do you see an error message?
- Where does it show and what is the exact text? Include a screenshot, if possible.
- You can also submit feedback about your issue. You won't get a response, but your feedback will be shared with YouTube.
- To send product feedback, select your profile photo Feedback in YouTube.
- Make sure to check the box for "System logs" to help us better understand your issue.