If you don’t have YouTube Premium or if downloading isn’t available to you, the download button will be unavailable and grayed out on made for kids videos.
Check that you're signed into YouTube Premium
- Try signing out and back in to the account associated with YouTube Premium.
- Check that you see the YouTube Premium logo (instead of the YouTube logo). In the YouTube mobile app or on your computer, you should see the YouTube Premium logo in the top-left corner of your app or browser.
- Make sure you're signed in on your TV to the account associated with your YouTube Premium membership.
- If you're casting to TV, make sure you're signed in on both the TV and the computer or device you're using.
- If you're using Google Home, make sure you're signed in to the correct account in the Google Home app.
Check that your membership hasn't expired
Make sure your YouTube Premium membership has not expired.
In the YouTube app, tap your profile photo Paid memberships and scroll down to Manage.
If you recently lost access to YouTube Premium and re-subscribed, it will take a few hours for saved videos to show once you've re-subscribed.
If you need to watch a video right away, tap Menu and select Retry download.
Check YouTube Premium availability in your location
Check your download settings
Check your version of the YouTube app
Make sure that you're using the latest version of the YouTube app. Visit your device's app store and check if you have any pending updates for the YouTube app.
If you have a new phone, or you've recently restored your phone, it may include an old version of the YouTube app (e.g., versions below 12.0 are considered outdated).
Additional troubleshooting steps to try
Check the strength of your internet connection
Check how many devices you've downloaded on
Have you downloaded videos on several devices? There's a limit to how many devices you can download videos to. Once you hit that limit, you'll get an error message saying, "this video cannot be saved offline." You can still download videos on the devices you've already used. Learn more about device limits on YouTube Premium.
Check your phone’s mobile data settings
Contact support & submit product feedback
If you're still having trouble, contact support. When contacting support, mention the following:
- Do you see an error message?
- Where does it show and what is the exact text? Include a screenshot, if possible.
- You can also submit feedback about your issue. You won't get a response, but your feedback will be shared with YouTube.
- To send product feedback, select your profile photo Feedback in YouTube.
- Make sure to check the box for "System logs" to help us better understand your issue.