I can't download videos
Check YouTube Red availability
Check your membership status
Check that you're signed in
- Try signing out and back in to the account associated with YouTube Red.
- Check that you see the YouTube Red logo (instead of the YouTube logo) in Youtube.
- Make sure you're signed in on your TV to the Google account associated with your YouTube Red membership.
- If you're casting to your TV, make sure you're signed in to the correct account on both the TV and the computer or mobile device you're using to cast.
- If you're using Google Home, make sure you're signed in to the correct account in the Google Home app.
Check your version of the YouTube app
Make sure that you're using the latest version of the YouTube app. Visit your device's app store and check if you have any pending updates for the Youtube app.
If you have a new phone, or you've recently restored your phone, it may include an old version of the YouTube app (e.g., versions below 12.0 are considered very outdated).
Check if you've saved videos on multiple devices
Have you downloaded videos on several devices? There's a limit to how many devices you can download videos to. Once you hit that limit, you'll get an error message saying, "this video cannot be saved offline." You can still download videos on the devices you've already used. Learn more about device limits on YouTube Red.
Contact support & submit product feedback
If you're still having trouble, contact support. When contacting support, please mention the following:
- Do you see an error message?
- Where does it show and what is the exact text? Include a screenshot, if possible.
- You can also submit feedback about your issue. You won't get a response, but your feedback will be shared with YouTube.
- To do this, select your profile photo > Feedback in YouTube.
- Make sure to check the box for "System logs." This helps us better understand your issue.