- Ask viewers to check their settings. Almost all notification issues are caused by viewer notification settings. Ask viewers to use the notifications troubleshooter if they aren’t getting notifications.
- Notify subscribers when uploading videos. When uploading a video, keep the box next to “Publish to Subscriptions feed and notify subscribers” on the “Advanced settings” tab checked.
- Check how often you've posted in the last 24 hours. Viewers can get a maximum of 3 new video notifications from each channel in a 24 hour period. Read more about notification limits below.
- Avoid publishing videos in bulk. If you publish more than 3 videos in a very short period of time, we may temporarily stop sending notifications for 24 hours. Publishing videos in bulk can overwhelm subscribers and our notification systems. This happens even if all but 1 video is opted out of sending notifications. If you upload multiple videos at a time, try uploading them as “Private” first. You can then publish each video at different times.
- Keep videos public after publishing. It typically takes 10-20 minutes for all notifications to be sent. If you quickly change your video’s privacy setting to “Private” after publishing, we’ll stop sending notifications.
- Check if your subscriber count changed drastically just before publishing your video. In these situations, we'll still notify all eligible subscribers, but it may seem like less than 100% of subscribers were notified due to reporting delays.
- Check for known issues. In rare instances, there may be issues in delivering notifications. Check the Known Issues section of the Help Center or the TeamYouTube Twitter handle to learn if this is happening.
- Send feedback. If you’ve checked all of the above and subscribers still aren’t getting notifications, send us feedback.
Learn more about notifications
Check out the following video from TeamYouTube for an additional look at notifications.
How often can I notify subscribers?
- Viewers can get a maximum of 3 notifications from each channel in a 24 hour period. This includes video uploads, live streams, and premieres.
- You can only send 1 Community post notification in a 3 day period.
Why are there notification limits on new videos?
Why are some subscribers getting notifications hours after I publish my video?
What does "Personalized" notifications mean?
Why does YouTube have a “Personalized” setting? Why not send all notifications?
How do live stream notifications work?
- Turned on “All notifications” for your channel and
- Have enabled YouTube notifications for their account and device
If you are using an encoder, notifications are only sent to these subscribers after your live stream is made public and we detect that you are Live. For instance, if your live stream is public but we haven’t received ingestion from your encoder to indicate that you’re Live, we won’t send notifications yet.
Why are there multiple viewer notification settings?
On the YouTube app or website:
- Account notification settings on desktop: On a computer, viewers can control whether they get email updates and desktop notifications from YouTube by navigating to Settings Notifications. They can also choose whether to get notifications from individual channels as email updates, push notifications, both, or neither.
- Account notification settings on mobile: On a mobile device, viewers can turn notifications from subscriptions on or off by navigating to Settings Notifications.
- Subscription manager on desktop: Subscribers can turn off notifications for individual channels from the subscription manager on a computer.
- Channel settings on mobile: On mobile, viewers can use the Channel settings page under Settings Notifications Channel settings to turn off notifications for individual channels.
On your device:
- Device notification settings: On a mobile device, viewers can turn off YouTube notifications in their device settings. These settings override any YouTube app and account settings.
- Chrome notification settings: On a computer, Chrome users can turn off Chrome notifications in their settings. This setting overrides the YouTube setting for Chrome notifications.
Why are notifications turned off on “made for kids” content?