Community posts can give you more reach on YouTube and greater engagement with your audience. Learn more about Community tab benefits and eligibility.
Create a post
Follow these steps to create a Community post.
- Tap Create Post.
- In the box at the top:
- Type a message to create a text post or to add text to an image, GIF, or poll.
- Choose to create a poll or image post.
- Select Post.
Share a video in a post
Follow these steps to share a video in a Community post.
- Go to the video that you want to share.
- Tap Share Share....
- Tap Create a post.
- Type your message and tap Post or .
Share a playlist in a post
Follow these steps to share a playlist in a Community post.
- Open the playlist you want to share.
- Select More Share.
- Tap Copy link.
- Tap Create Post.
- Paste in the playlist URL and tap Post.
Create a live stream post
- From the home screen, tap Record .
- Tap Live Public Next.
- Choose a title, then tap Next.
- Select a thumbnail for the post.
- Choose the broadcast orientation by turning your device to landscape or portrait view (make sure rotation is enabled on your phone).
- Tap Share Create a post.
- Add post text, then select Post.
- Tap Go Live.
- To end the stream, tap Finish.
Mention other channels in a post
You can mention other YouTube channels in your Community posts on a computer by entering @ followed immediately by the channel name. The channel may get a notification that you’ve mentioned them. Viewers can click on the mention from any device and go directly to that channel page.
Learn about types of posts
To create a text post, enter your message in the text box on the Community tab of your channel. You can post your text by itself, or with a video, image, or GIF. Text posts can’t be combined with polls.
If you have Community posts enabled, you can post playlists from artists that you enjoy. Copy and paste the playlist URL into your post.
Image and GIF posts
If you choose to upload an image with your post, you’ll be asked to select an image or animated GIF from your mobile device. Previews of image posts are displayed with a 1:1 aspect ratio. Viewers can click to expand an image to see the full image.
Only use images that you have permission to use. You can also include text content with your image post. Keep in mind that all images must follow YouTube Community Guidelines.
On mobile devices, you can share videos directly in your Community tab.
When you create a post that shares a video by another creator, a notification may be sent to the original uploader of the video. This notification helps creators acknowledge when other creators are sharing their videos.
Note: Community posts about a video already in a viewer’s Subscription or Home feed might not show again. This prevents your viewers from seeing the same video repeatedly.
If you choose to add a poll to your post, you’ll be asked to:
- Enter a question in the text field.
- Enter answers in the "Add option" fields.
- If you need more answer fields, click +Add another option and enter the questions and answers.
Note: Poll options can be 65 characters max. Open the YouTube iOS app and sign in to YouTube to follow the instructions.