YouTube can't mediate trademark disputes between creators and trademark owners. YouTube is willing to perform a limited investigation of reasonable complaints and will remove content in clear cases of infringement. Abuse of our legal process may result in termination of your YouTube channel.
The easiest way to file a complaint is to use our counterfeit webform.
Counterfeit complaints must include the following elements. Without this info, we can't review your request:
Section 1: Complainant's Info
- Your Full Legal Name
- Company Name
- Your Contact Info
If there are questions about your complaint, your contact info will be used by us or the uploader(s) of any video(s) you remove. This includes info like an email address, physical address, or telephone number.
Section 2: Trademark Details
- Trademark Owner
- Your relationship to trademark owner (what is your authority to make this complaint?)
- Jurisdiction of trademark registration
- Registration number (If you're claiming use rights, be sure to cite the grounds for your use-based rights, like a company website)
Section 3: Content Details
- Each URL in question (video, channel, or both)
- Describe how the video facilitates the sale of counterfeit goods (Include timestamps if relevant)
Section 4: Legal Affirmations
You must agree to and include the following statements:
- "I have a good faith belief that the use of the trademarks described above with the content described above are not authorized by the trademark owner or its agent, nor is such use otherwise permissible under law."
- "I agree to permit Google to provide the uploader with my contact details, if requested."
Complete complaints require the physical or electronic signature of the trademark owner or a representative authorized to act on their behalf. To satisfy this requirement, you may enter your full legal name to act as your signature at the bottom of your complaint.
The uploader will be told of this complaint. Be sure to specify if you do not wish to disclose your legal name and email alias to the uploader.
You may get in touch with us via email, postal mail, or fax, being sure to include the requirements above.