Counterfeit Complaint Requirements
Please understand that YouTube is not in a position to mediate trademark disputes between users and trademark owners. YouTube is willing to perform a limited investigation of reasonable complaints and will remove content in clear cases of infringement. Please note, abuse of our legal process may result in termination of your YouTube account.
The easiest way to file a complaint is to use our counterfeit webform.
Counterfeit complaints must include the following elements. Without this information, we may be unable to take action on your request:
Section 1: Complainant's Information
- Your Full Legal Name
- Company Name
- Your Contact Information
You’ll need to provide information that will allow us and the uploader(s) of any video(s) you remove to contact you regarding your complaint, such as an email address, physical address or telephone number.
Section 2: Trademark Details
- Trademark Owner
- Your relationship to trademark owner (what is your authority to make this complaint?)
- Jurisdiction of trademark registration
- Registration number (If you are claiming use rights, please cite the grounds for your use-based rights, e.g. company website)
Section 3: Content Details
- Each URL in question (video, channel, or both)
- Describe how the video facilitates the sale of counterfeit goods (Include timestamps if relevant)
Section 4: Legal Affirmations
You must agree to and include the following statements:
- "I have a good faith belief that the use of the trademarks described above with the content described above are not authorized by the trademark owner or its agent, nor is such use otherwise permissible under law."
- "I agree to permit Google to provide the uploader with my contact details, if requested."
Complete complaints require the physical or electronic signature of the trademark owner or a representative authorized to act on their behalf. To satisfy this requirement, you may type your full legal name to act as your signature at the bottom of your complaint.
The uploader will be notified of this complaint. Please specify if you do not wish to disclose your legal name and email alias to the uploader.
You may contact us via email, postal mail, or fax, being sure to include the requirements above.