You can use the Real-time report to see estimated views data for the last 25 published videos. For channels, you can also use this report to see the total views for all videos on the channel. Real-time data is estimated and meant to provide general guidance on potential view activity on your videos. Therefore, you might see discrepancies in the data displayed on the video's watch page as views are validated differently.
This report can give you early insights into the performance of your most recently published videos and might help you change their promotion strategy for the better. You can also see this data in reports for individual videos.
Creator Studio Classic
See your Real-time report
You can go directly to the Real-time report or follow the steps below.
Sign in to YouTube.
- In the top right-hand corner, select your account > Creator Studio.
- In the menu on the left, click Analytics > Realtime.
- You can see two graphs:
- Hour-by-hour date: Available for a sliding window of two days ('last 48 hours')
- Minute-by-minute data: Available for a sliding window of one hour ('last 60 mins')
How to use the Real-time report
Data display and accuracy
Both graphs refer to the local time zone of the viewer as determined by the computer's setting. Data automatically stays updated on the analytics page, but note that there's a latency of a few minutes between the occurrence of the view and its display in the report. The 'current' hour bar is highlighted to stress that the hour is still incomplete.
- Channel: At the channel level, the report shows the total views for the channel and the last 25 published videos.
- Content owner: The report shows the last 25 published videos for channels belonging to the content owner.
- Groups: If a video group contains 25 or videos or fewer, the report shows real-time data for each video. The report is not available for video groups with more items and other types of groups (asset, playlist, channel).
- Assets, playlists, shows: The report doesn't contain real-time data for these entities.
Filters and features
At the channel and video level, the Real-time report provides further breakdowns for dimensions like device type and operating system. This information can help you quickly adjust or confirm your promotion strategy (for example, if you see a lot of traffic from mobile devices).
YouTube Studio beta
Latest activity report
In the YouTube Studio beta, the Latest activity report replaces the Real-time report. You can use the Latest activity report to see estimated views data for your channel and your top videos.
See your Latest activity in YouTube Studio beta
- Sign in to YouTube Studio beta. If you haven't tried the beta, learn more.
- In the left-hand menu, click Analytics.
- Go to the 'Overview' tab to see the Latest activity card.
- Click on the cards to dive deeper into the data.
Data display and accuracy
The graph refers to the local time zone of the viewer as determined by the computer's setting. Data automatically stays updated on the analytics page, but note that there's a latency of a few minutes between the occurrence of the view and its display in the report. The 'current' hour bar is highlighted to stress that the hour is still incomplete.