When you enable Content ID matching, YouTube automatically generates claims against other user's uploaded content that matches (portions of) the reference files you provide. Content ID does not claim videos you upload to your channel or any channels associated with your YouTube content owner.
In some situations, you want to prevent Content ID from claiming videos that particular users upload. For example, a movie studio might not want to claim videos on a YouTube channel that reviews (and therefore promotes) its films. You exempt a channel from your Content ID claims by adding it to your allowlist.
To add a channel to your Content ID allowlist:
- Sign in to Studio Content Manager beta.
- Click Allowlist from the left menu.
- In the top-right corner, click ADD CHANNELS.
- Add channel ID or a URL.
- Click Add to add the channel to your allowlist.
- Once channels are added to your allowlist, Content ID will not claim any videos uploaded to these channels. YouTube does not remove any existing claims on videos on these channels.
- If multiple partners own an asset, each partner must add a channel to their allowlist to prevent claims against this asset.