View or delete search history
If you're trying to find a particular video you have searched for in the past, search history may help. Your YouTube search history lets you see what you have previously searched for on YouTube.
The videos you searched while signed into your account on your mobile device may also appear in your computer's YouTube search history when you're signed in to the same account.
Sign out to clear previous YouTube searches on your device from showing in the Search box. If you're already signed out, you can clear your search history with the following steps:
- Open the Guide.
- Touch the gear icon to enter Settings.
- Under Privacy, choose Clear search history.
When signed in, access your search history by touching Guide > History > Search History.
- Touch Clear all to delete your entire search history.
- Touch Pause to pause your search history. While your search history is paused, search queries you enter will not be saved in your search history.
- Remove a search by touching the menu icon next to the search and then selecting Remove from Search History.
Access your search history by clicking History in the Guide and selecting the Search history tab.
- Remove a search: Click the menu icon to the right of the search query and choose Remove from Search History.
- Click Clear all search history to delete your entire search history.
- Click Pause search history to pause your search history. While your search history is paused, search queries you enter will not be saved in your search history.