If you're trying to find a particular video you've searched for in the past, you can refer to My Activity.
You can also clear your entire search history, remove individual search entries from search suggestions, or pause your search history. A few notes to consider:
- Search entries you delete will no longer influence your recommendations.
- After clearing your search history, your past searches will no longer show as suggestions in the search box.
- Searches you enter while your search history is paused will not be saved in your search history.
If you've removed any videos from your watch history while your device was offline, it might take a few hours for those changes to sync.
Access your search history by selecting My Activity.
- Remove an individual search entry: Next to the search entry, click Delete .
- Pause your search and watch history: Click Saving activity , then click the On/Off button to turn off. This option will keep what you watch and search for from being saved, until search and watch history is re-enabled.
- Delete your search and watch history: Under YouTube History, click Delete activity by Choose the timeframe of the activity you'd like to delete Click Delete at the bottom right of the pop up.
Automatically delete your search and watch history
You can choose to delete your YouTube search and watch history automatically after a certain amount of time.
- On your computer, go to your Google Account.
- On the top left panel, click Data & personalization.
- Under "Activity controls," click YouTube History, then click Auto-delete.
- Click the auto-delete time-frame you want Next Confirm to save your auto-delete activity choice.
- Click Confirm at the bottom right of the pop up.
TV, game console, or media streaming box
- In the left-hand Menu, go to Settings .
- Select Clear search history.
- Select the "Clear search history" button.
Search in Incognito Mode
If you browse in incognito mode, your search history won’t be saved. Learn more about Incognito Mode.