If you're trying to find a particular video you've searched for in the past, you can refer to your search history.
You can also clear your entire search history, remove individual search entries from search suggestions, or pause your search history. A few notes to consider:
- Search entries you delete will no longer influence your recommendations.
- After clearing your search history, your past searches will no longer show as suggestions in the search box.
- Searches you enter while your search history is paused will not be saved in your search history.
If you've removed any videos from your watch history while your device was offline, it might take a few hours for those changes to sync.
YouTube App & Mobile Site
Pause search history
To pause search history for your account, tap on your profile picture Settings History & privacy and turn on Pause search history.
Delete individual searches
To delete individual searches from your search history when you’re signed in with your account:
- Tap Search .
- Tap and hold a suggested search result with the History icon next to it.
- Tap Remove on the pop-up.
Clear your entire search history
To clear search history for your account, tap on your profile picture Settings History & privacy and tap Clear search history.
TV, game console, or media streaming box
- In the left-hand Menu, go to Settings .
- Select Clear search history.
- Select the "Clear search history" button.
Search in Incognito Mode
If you browse in incognito mode, your search history won’t be saved. Learn more about Incognito Mode.