You can download MP4 files of videos that you've uploaded to YouTube in either 720p or 360p, depending on the video size. You can also use Google Takeout to download all the videos that you've uploaded.
Note: You can't download other users' YouTube videos. You can watch videos offline in the YouTube app with a YouTube Premium membership. Learn more about saving videos offline with YouTube Premium.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left panel, select Content.
- Point to the video that you'd like to download and select Menu then Download.
Watch how to download your videos
Take a look at the following video from the TeamYouTube channel on how to download videos that you've uploaded to YouTube.
Troubleshoot issues downloading your videos
You can't download your videos if:
- Your video has been removed from YouTube.
- Your video has either a copyright or Community Guidelines strike against it.
- Your video uses a pre-approved audio track.
- You've already downloaded your video five times in the last 24 hours. You can only download an individual video up to five times per day. After a day has passed, you'll see the option to download the video again.