You can cut out the beginning, middle, or end of your video on a computer. You don't have to re-upload a video to trim it. The video's URL, view count, and comments will stay the same. This feature is available for videos shorter than six hours.
Open the video editor
Open the video editor to trim or remove a section of your video.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Content.
- Click the title or thumbnail of the video you’d like to edit.
- From the left menu, select Editor.
Trim the start or end of your video
- Select Trim & cut . A blue box will appear in the editor.
- Drag the sides of the blue box. Stop when the box is covering the portion of the video that you’d like to keep. Anything not in the box will be removed from the video.
- Click Save.
Take out a section of your video
- Select Trim & cut , then click NEW CUT. A red box will appear in the editor.
- Drag the sides of the red box. Stop when the red box is covering the portion of the video that you’d like to remove. Anything not in the red box will remain in the video.
- To confirm your edits, select Cut .
- Click Save.
If you want to trim or cut your video at a specific time, you can enter the time into the box. To review your edits, select Preview. To undo a cut for that section, click UNDO. You can click DISCARD CHANGES at any time to cancel your changes.