Swap the audio track on your video
The audio swapping tool allows you to add music to your video from a library of licensed songs. Many of these songs are from our free Audio Library, and you may use them in videos that you monetize on YouTube. However, some of these songs are ad-supported, indicated by this icon . If you use them, the owner’s ads may appear on your video, and you will not be able to monetize this video.
Add audio tracks to your video
- Go to your Video Manager page, and click the arrow next to Edit on the video you’d like to edit
- In the drop-down menu, click the Audio button
- Select a track by clicking on it and preview your video with the music track added
- Search for a track using the search box, or browse by genre using the Featured Tracks tab
- Once you've found a track you like, click the Save button, and the new audio will be applied to your video. Audio tracks can be positioned in a precise part of your video using the position audio feature.
Customize audio position and length
After selecting an audio track, click on the Position audio button below the preview player. The name audio track will appear below the player in a highlighted bar. Click on the bar.
You can now trim and drag the bar to customize length and position by clicking on the beginning or end of the bar and dragging it to the left or right. After you've trimmed the track, drag it to a particular position in the video.
This feature allows you to set when an audio track will play in your video. You can adjust the volume of the audio to play music only, favor the original audio, or mix both.
Click Done positioning when you're happy with the positioning of the track.