Download your own YouTube videos
You can always download MP4 files of videos that you've uploaded.
You can't download other people's YouTube videos. YouTube Red members can save videos to view offline on their mobile device from the YouTube app. See details about saving offline with YouTube Red.
Using a computer, go to your Video Manager. Get there by clicking your account icon > Creator Studio. On the left, click Video manager > Videos.
- Next to the video you want to download, click Edit to open a drop-down menu.
- Select Download MP4.
If you want to download all the videos you've uploaded, you can take advantage of Google Takeout.
If you have issues downloading your video
You can't download your videos under the following circumstances:
- Your video has been removed from YouTube.
- Your video has copyrighted content in it.
- Your video uses a pre-approved audio track.
- You've already downloaded your video five times in the last 24 hours. You can only download an individual video up to five times per day. After a day has passed, you'll see the Download MP4 option in the drop-down menu again.