Download your own YouTube videos
Downloading other people's YouTube videos is not allowed. However, you'll always be able to download MP4s of videos you've uploaded. You can download your own uploaded videos from a computer.
How to download an MP4 of an upload
Go to your channel Video Manager
- Find the video you'd like to download.
- Click the arrow next to Edit to open a drop-down menu.
- Click Download MP4.
Why can’t I download my video?You won’t be able to download your videos under the following circumstances:
- Your video has been removed from YouTube
- You’re using a pre-approved audio track
- Your video has copyrighted content
- You’ve already downloaded two videos in the last hour -- you can only download an individual video up to five times per day. Once a day has passed, the Download MP4 button will appear again.