Download your own YouTube videos
You can always download MP4 files of videos that you've uploaded. You can't download other people's YouTube videos.
- Using a computer, go to your Video Manager. Get there by clicking your account icon > Creator Studio. On the left, click Video manager > Videos.
- Next to the video you want to download, click Edit to open a drop-down menu.
- Select Download MP4.
If you have issues downloading your video
You can't download your videos under the following circumstances:
- Your video has been removed from YouTube.
- Your video has copyrighted content in it.
- Your video uses a pre-approved audio track.
- You've already downloaded your video five times in the last 24 hours. You can only download an individual video up to five times per day. After a day has passed, you'll see the Download MP4 option in the drop-down menu again.