Working with third party view service providers
View policy basicsYouTube defines a view as a viewer’s intended and successful attempt to watch a YouTube video. Views are seen via watch pages (across all apps), embeds and leanback (playlists, mixes, autoplays etc.)
Views should only be a result of pure viewer choice to watch a video, not as a result of a transaction through incentivized views.
View count gaming is trying to make a non-view into a view.
There are services that increase views for a price
What is going on in the marketplace?
There are many companies who are building their business based on selling YouTube-related services. Some offer to help clients with strategy and services, some offer tools to manage channels and/or brand presence, and others promise to guarantee YouTube views.
What’s YouTube’s position?The best way to grow the YouTube business is to encourage a healthy ecosystem of companies that support YouTube. YouTube supports companies that work within our ecosystem so long as they follow our Policies and Terms of Service.
We can't guarantee the validity of these services. TrueView is the only service that we can recommend and trust to provide real traffic.
What’s downright not allowed?Purchasing views for your videos directly from third-party websites (e.g. paying $10 for 10,000 views).
Why not use these services?
- YouTube is an organic video site and the best way to naturally distribute your video content.
- In terms of distributing branded content YouTube TrueView solutions offer a robust and scalable way to distribute media.
- TrueView builds view counts that creators care about at an extremely cost effective rate, on a pure/native video platform.
- TrueView offers a brand safe, native video-viewing experience with myriad targeting capabilities with deep insight into our content and audience makeup.
- Ask how they seed your videos
- Ask about transparency of data and analytics
- Ask about targeted demographics
- Ask if they use videos as incentivization or gating items