Verification badges on channels
When you see a or verification tick next to a YouTube channel's name, it means that the channel has been verified by YouTube.
About verified channels
If a channel has been verified, it's the official channel of a creator, artist, company or public figure on YouTube. Verified channels help distinguish official channels from other channels with similar names on YouTube.
Verified channels don't grant access to additional features on YouTube. They also don't represent awards, milestones or endorsement from YouTube. For information on awards, learn more about YouTube's Creator Awards programme.
If your channel is verified, it'll stay verified unless you change your channel name. If you change your channel's name, the renamed channel won't be verified, and you'll need to reapply.
Verified channel eligibility
To be eligible to apply for verification, your channel must reach 100,000 subscribers.
After you apply, we'll review your channel. We verify channels that:
- Are authentic: Your channel must represent the real creator, brand or entity that it claims to be. We'll look at a variety of factors to help verify your identity, such as the age of your channel, and may also ask for additional info or documentation.
- Are complete: Your channel must be public and have a description, channel icon and content, and be active on YouTube.
In some cases, YouTube may also proactively verify channels with fewer than 100,000 subscribers that are well-known outside of YouTube.
If we receive a request from a channel that is attempting to impersonate another creator or brand, we won't verify their channel and may take additional action.
Note that we've made changes to this process over time, so you may see many types of channels with verification on YouTube.
Distinguish your channel without verification
If your channel isn't verified, there are a number of other ways to distinguish your channel from other similar channels:
- Use a unique channel name that represents who you are and the type of content that you publish.
- Use a high-quality image for your channel icon to make your channel look professional in search results.
- Customise your channel art and layout for a personalised look and feel on your channel page.