When the YouTube app first opens, you'll need to sign in with your Xbox Live account. Press A to sign in. Once you've signed in to your Xbox Live account, you can sign in to the YouTube app. Here's how to do it:
On your Xbox 360:
- Open the YouTube app.
- Open the Guide on the left and select Sign In.
On a computer, tablet or phone:
- Visit www.youtube.com/activate.
- If prompted, select which account you'd like to sign in to.
- Enter the activation code that's displayed on the Xbox 360 and click Continue.
- Select Accept on the next screen.
If after following the steps above you think you're signed in to the wrong account, you should:
- On your Xbox 360, open the Guide on the left and scroll to the bottom for Settings.
- Select Sign Out then click OK.
- On your computer, tablet or phone, sign out of YouTube and sign back in with the desired account.
- Repeat the youtube.com/activate process.
Search for videos
- Search suggestions: As you enter your query, you'll see search suggestions below the search box. From the keyboard, you can press up on the D-pad or left stick until the desired query is highlighted. Then, press A to search for that query.
- Browse videos: As you search, relevant videos will appear at the bottom of the screen. To browse the video results, press left or right on the D-pad or left stick.
- Modify your search: To modify your search terms, press up on the D-pad/left stick to return to the search box.
- Home – Return to the home screen.
- Rewind – Move back 10 seconds.
- Pause/Play – Pause the video or resume playback.
- Fast forward – Move ahead 10 seconds.
- Closed Captions – If the video has closed captions enabled, press A to enable this feature. If the CC icon is greyed out, closed captions are not available.
- Skip backward: Skip back to the previous video in the playlist.
- Skip forward: Skip to the next video in the playlist.
- Extra features can be found by selecting More actions:
- Subscribe to the channel.
- Like/Dislike the video.
- Flag the video as inappropriate.
- Search for videos.
If you see the error message 'YouTube isn't available right now', it may be because your Internet connection is slow.
Below are some tips to help solve the problem:
- Check or reset your Internet connection.
- Contact your ISP to increase your Internet speed.
- Restart your Xbox.
- Restart the YouTube app.