You can now watch YouTube videos on PlayStation 3. In the YouTube app, you'll be able to view your subscribed channels and search for content.
You can also control YouTube on PlayStation 3 with your phone, tablet or computer.
When you first open the YouTube app, you can sign in with your Google Account. When signed in, you have access to additional YouTube features such as your playlists and subscriptions. To sign in, follow these steps:Play videos
On your PlayStation 3:
- Navigate to SIGN IN & SETTINGS.
- Select SIGN IN using the X button. You should now see an activation code displayed.
On your desktop:
- Go to www.youtube.com/activate and enter in the activation code shown on the PlayStation 3.
- Click Allow Access to complete the sign-in process.
Once you select a video to play, a player control bar will appear, allowing you to perform the following actions:
- Home – Return to the home screen.
- Search – Find a new video to watch.
- Pause/resume – Pause or resume the video.
- Fast-forward: Press right on the controller with the video progress bar selected to move forward through the video.
- Rewind: Press left on the controller with the video progress bar selected to move backwards through the video.
- Closed Captioning – If the video has captions, select this to toggle the video's closed captions and adjust the caption display settings.
- Flag – Flag the video for inappropriate content.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?