Set default upload settings
Upload defaults are settings that are applied to all of your web uploads according to your choices. You can choose defaults for your videos' privacy setting, category, title, tags, comments, language and more.
Default upload settings only affect videos uploaded through your web browser on youtube.com/upload. If you upload videos through mobile, Hangout On Air or video editor, they won't respect your default settings.
Choose default upload settings
- Sign in to YouTube Studio beta.
- From the left-hand menu, select Settings.
- Select Upload defaults.
- Choose your default settings across the Essentials, Extras and Advanced tabs.
- Select Save.
Creator Studio Classic instructions
- Sign in to YouTube.
- In the top right-hand corner, select your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the menu on the left, select Channel > Upload defaults.
- Choose your default settings.
- Click Save
You can still change settings after you upload a video on the Videos page. Learn how to make changes to uploaded videos.