Set default upload settings
Upload defaults are settings that are applied to all of your web uploads according to your choices. You can choose defaults for your videos' privacy setting, category, title, tags, comments, language, and more.
Default upload settings only affect videos uploaded through your web browser on youtube.com/upload. If you upload videos through mobile, Hangout On Air, or video editor, they won’t respect your default settings.
Learn how to set your channel’s default audience setting to tell us if your video is made for kids.
Choose default upload settings
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Settings.
- Select Upload defaults.
- Choose your default settings in the Basic info and Advanced settings tabs.
- Select Save.
Creator Studio Classic instructions
- Sign in to YouTube.
- In the top right, select your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the menu on the left, select Channel > Upload defaults.
- Choose your default settings.
- Click Save.
You can still change settings after you upload a video on the Videos page. Learn how to make changes to uploaded videos.