Live streaming guide
Live chat is enabled by default. To disable live chat, navigate to Edit> Basic Info> Advanced Settings for your scheduled event in Video Manager. Under Chat, uncheck "Enable live chat." You can disable live chat at any time, even after the event has started.
Enable live chat
- The live chat module will appear to the right of the video player only when your event is active.
- Live chat module only exists on the YouTube watch pages. It does not follow embedded players.
- YouTube Analytics "Comments" metric is for the live event and VOD archive version.
- Live Chat will no longer be available after the event has ended.
- Post-live comments will appear below the player after the event.
We strongly recommend that you have a dedicated live chat moderator for high-traffic events. You can delete chat line items as they are posted or block users from chatting.
- Once the event has started, you can assign moderators by clicking the three dots (...) next to the chat text box. Moderators can flag and block abusers from live chat.
- Users are limited to 200 characters and a maximum of 3 submissions every 30 seconds. Event owners are not subject to the frequency threshold.
- Users cannot post special characters, URLs or HTML tags.