If you're running video ads to reach your ideal audience and increase awareness, you can use interactive features to drive more engagement with your audience.
Adding interactive elements can create opportunities for viewers to engage with your brand on a deeper level, beyond watching and enjoying your video ad. Making your video ads interactive can also help you tailor your ads to better achieve specific advertising goals, such as creating awareness for your brand, driving visits to your websites or encouraging viewers to shop for products.
Supported interactive features
Using Google Ads
- Auto end screens: Show an automatically generated screen at the end of your video ad that encourages viewers to take action, such as installing an app.
- Call-to-action button: Encourage viewers to visit your website with a call-to-action button.
- Assets: Provide more information about your business, such as adding links to specific parts of your website or adding a lead form for people to submit their contact information.
- Product feeds from Merchant Center: Turn your video ads into a virtual shop front with an interactive product feed (created through Merchant Center).
- Related videos: Show a list of related videos with a video ad when the ad is playing on YouTube.
Using YouTube Studio
- Cards: Showcase the features of a product or service within a video, or promote other videos or playlists to generate engagement for your channel.
- End screens: Create an end screen on YouTube videos to encourage further engagement with your brand.
Expand a section below to learn more about these interactive features.
On mobile and desktop, the viewer can select the call-to-action button to visit your website in their browser.
If viewers are signed in to the YouTube on TV app, they can select the call-to-action button to send the link to their mobile device, and then access your website from their mobile device's browser. The call-to-action button on TVs is only available for Video campaigns that use the 'Brand awareness and reach' and 'Product and brand consideration' goals.
Auto end screens
YouTube end screens
In YouTube, you can make custom end screens to add to the end of your videos with YouTube Studio from your Google Account. Your video has to be at least 25 seconds long to have an end screen. You can use them to build viewership and:
- Point viewers to other videos, playlists or channels on YouTube
- Call for subscriptions to your channel
- Promote your website, merchandise and crowdfunding campaigns
- Sitelink assets: Sitelink assets take people to specific pages on your site (for example, a specific product or shop hours). When someone interacts with your links, they go directly to what they want to know or buy.
- Lead form assets: Lead form assets help you generate leads by letting people submit their information in a form directly in your ad (such as an email address or a phone number).
- Location assets and affiliate location assets: Location assets can help people find your locations by showing your ads with your address, a map to your location or the distance to your business. If you sell your products through retail chains or vehicle dealers, you can also set up affiliate location assets, which allow you to help people find your products at these locations.
Use interactive features in Video action campaigns
Video action campaigns are a simple and cost-effective way to drive more conversions in more places on and off YouTube – all in a single automated campaign. Video action campaigns support call-to-action buttons, sitelink assets, lead form assets and product feeds. By using these interactive elements in the campaign, you can encourage people to explore your product or service, share their contact information and take other actions that are valuable to your business. Learn more about Video action campaigns