YouTube allows alcohol advertising that promotes the branding and sale of alcohol with some restrictions (described in more detail below). Campaigns may only target countries where these ads are permissible under applicable laws and regulations and all ads must comply with local restrictions.
In all cases where promotion of alcohol is permitted, the following conditions must be met:
- Ad must act in compliance with all applicable laws and industry standards for each location that you are targeting.
- Ad must not target individuals below the legal drinking age.
- Ad must not imply that drinking alcohol can improve social, sexual, professional, intellectual, or athletic standing.
- Ad must not imply that drinking alcohol provides health or therapeutic benefits.
- Ad must not portray excessive drinking in a positive light or feature binge or competition drinking.
- Ad must not show alcohol being consumed in conjunction with the operation of a vehicle of any kind, or the operation of machinery, or the performance of any task requiring alertness or dexterity.
- Ad must not depict violent or degrading behavior.
Please note that products which are marketed in the same way as alcoholic beverages, regardless of alcohol content, are subject to our alcohol policy. Examples include low-alcohol and non-alcoholic beer and wine, as well as low-alcohol and non-alcoholic cocktails.
Alcohol advertisers who wish to use an age gate on their homepage, brand channel and/or video may do so under our age gate policies.
Learn more about AdWords alcohol policy.