We have some great advice on building community via comments on your videos from YouTube Creators @colinandsamir. Comments are a great place to get direct feedback from your viewers, answer their questions, and create community around your videos.
Colin and Samir Share Tips for Building Community in the Comments
Subscribe to the YouTube Creators channel for the latest news, updates, and tips.
Heart your favorite comments
- When you “heart” a comment, viewers may get a notification that you loved what they wrote.
- This is a quick and effective way to build fan loyalty, and to show your appreciation to viewers.
Pin comments to the top of your feed
- Pinning lets you highlight what comment your fans see first when watching your video. You can either pin your own comment, or a fan comment. Pinning your own comment is a great way to:
- Clarify something from your video.
- Ask your audience a specific question.
- Tease a specific moment or easter egg.
- Thank your viewers for watching.
Reply to comments
- This may seem obvious, but replying to comments shows your audience that you’re listening and interested in their feedback.
- Use replies to answer fan questions or thank them individually.
Find comments using filters
- Manage your comments by searching for specific keywords and filtering by:
- Subscriber status.
- Channel member status.
- The number of subscribers the commenter has.
- Comments that contain questions so you can respond more easily.
- Your response status -- to only see comments you have or haven’t responded to.
Get started by engaging your viewers as much as you can. Create conversations, build excitement, and share unique moments in the comments section!