Moderate comments on your channel
If other YouTube users can post comments on your videos or channel, you can use tools to moderate or remove those comments.
Take action on commentsRemove, report, or hide comments
When someone comments on your video, you'll get a notification. Click the arrow in the upper right of the comment to manage comments:
- Remove: Take down the comment and replies from YouTube. If the comment was also shared on Google+, it will still be visible there.
- Report spam or abuse: Report comments that you believe are spam or abuse to the YouTube team.
- Hide from channel: Block the user from posting comments on videos on your channel. If you change your mind, you can remove the user from the hidden users list in your community settings.
If someone leaves a comment that looks like spam, you'll see a blue banner on the channel or video. You can review, approve, or delete these comments.
Go to Creator Studio > Community > Comments or
youtube.com/commentsand look under the Likely spam tab.
You can require that all new comments get approved before they're posted to your video or channel.
- Find the video in the Video Manager.
- Under the video, click Edit.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Under "Allow comments," select Approved.
Follow the instructions to turn this on for your channel in your Channel Navigation settings.
You can change the default view of comments for individual videos that you upload. Choose Newest first if you prefer comments to appear sorted by time, or select Top comments to have comments ranked algorithmically.
- Upload a new video or edit one of your existing videos.
- Open the Advanced Settings tab of the Info and Settings on your video.
- Under the ‘Comments’ area you will see the ‘Sort by’ option with a drop down menu.
- Use this drop down to select either the Newest first or Top comments view for your comment view default on this video.
- Save your changes.
Use the YouTube Creator Studio AppRemove or flag comments
- From the dashboard, tap the navigation guide .
- Tap Comments. By default, you'll see all public comments.
- To review comments that are pending or marked as spam, tap Settings .
- Tap the comment you'd like to review.
- You can reply to the comment or like, remove, or flag it.
- Go to Videos.
- Find and select the video you want to edit.
- Scroll down to the comments section.
- Tap a comment to review it or scroll down and tap Show more to see more.