Moderate comments on your channel
If other YouTube users can post comments on your videos or channel, you can use tools to moderate or remove those comments.
Comments are not available on private videos. If you want to allow comments on a video that's not publicly available, post an unlisted video instead.
Take action on commentsRemove, report, or hide comments
When someone comments on your video, you'll get a notification. Click the arrow in the upper right of the comment to manage comments:
- Remove: Take down the comment and replies from YouTube.
- Report spam or abuse: Report comments that you believe are spam or abuse to the YouTube team.
- Hide from channel: Block the user from posting comments on videos on your channel. If you change your mind, you can remove the user from the hidden users list in your community settings.
If someone leaves a comment that looks like spam, you'll see a blue banner on the channel or video. You can review, approve, or delete these comments.
Go to Creator Studio > Community > Comments or
youtube.com/commentsand look under the Likely spam tab.
You can require that all new comments get approved before they're posted to your video or channel.
- Find the video in the Video Manager.
- Under the video, click Edit.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Under "Allow comments," select Approved.
Follow the instructions to turn this on for your channel in your Channel Navigation settings.
You can change the default view of comments for individual videos that you upload. Choose Newest first if you prefer comments to appear sorted by time, or select Top comments to have comments ranked algorithmically.
- Upload a new video or edit one of your existing videos.
- Open the Advanced Settings tab of the Info and Settings on your video.
- Under the ‘Comments’ area you will see the ‘Sort by’ option with a drop down menu.
- Use this drop down to select either the Newest first or Top comments view for your comment view default on this video.
- Save your changes.
Invite a comment moderator
You can invite other YouTube users who have channels to moderate your comments. Learn more how to add a comment moderator to your channel.