You can get the most from a Premiere by customising it. Monetise your Premiere or show a trailer.
Make your live audience excited about your upcoming video by showing a trailer of it on the Premiere page. Your trailer will play for viewers on the watch page before the Premiere starts.
- Upload your trailer to your YouTube channel like you would with a regular upload.
- From YouTube Studio, upload a video.
- From the 'Visibility' step, schedule as a Premiere.
- Click Set up Premiere.
- Under 'Add a trailer', click Add and select your trailer.
This feature is available to creators that have more than 1,000 subscribers and no Community Guideline strikes.
- Video type: Use any YouTube supported video type.
- Video length: 15 seconds–3 minutes.
- Aspect ratio and resolution: We recommend using the same aspect ratio and resolution as the premiering video.
- Audio and video rights: Make sure that the trailer does not infringe on other content.
- Make sure that there's no content that will violate our Community Guidelines.
There are a few ways you can earn money from premiering your video:
Channels with monetisation setup on YouTube can serve automatic pre-roll ads during the Premiere. Mid-roll ads are not available during the Premiere.
Once the Premiere is over, both automatic pre-roll ads and mid-roll ads will work as they do on regular uploads.
Super Chat and Super Stickers are ways to connect fans with creators during live chat. Viewers can purchase Super Chats to highlight their message within live chat. You can turn on Super Chat and Super Stickers for viewers before and during the Premiere.