Shorts are any vertical video up to 60 seconds in duration. To learn how to upload or record a video (mobile only) on YouTube, check out these instructions.
Creating a Short with YouTube’s short-form video creation tools allows you to record one or more clips that add up to 60 seconds. While recording with the Shorts camera, use the progress bar at the top of your screen to see how many segments you’ve recorded, and the length of each.
To create a short video on YouTube:
- Sign in to YouTube on mobile.
- Tap create tap Create a Short beta.
- To make your Short longer than 15 seconds, tap 15 above the record button to record up to 60 seconds (60).
Note: Recording with music from our library or the original audio from other videos is limited to 15 seconds.
- To record a clip, hold the capture button or tap it to start recording and then again to stop.
- Tap undo to remove the previous video clip you recorded or tap redo to add it back.
- Tap done to preview and enhance your video tap NEXT to add details to your video.
- Add a title (max 100 characters) to your short video.
- Tap UPLOAD to finish.