Step 1. Choose a management solution
A management solution helps you set up, secure, and manage devices in your organization. For example, a management solution allows you to:
- Visualize your inventory of devices.
- Enforce basic security policies like screen lock with a passcode and storage encryption.
- Remotely wipe data if a device is lost or stolen.
- Distribute and configure apps.
- Enforce more advanced policies depending on your needs.
Some common identity and productivity providers offer built-in Android management features as part of their solution. Third-party enterprise mobility management (EMM) providers also offer Android management solutions for organizations.
Organizations using G Suite or Cloud Identity
All editions of G Suite and Cloud Identity offer basic and advanced security and management capabilities for Android. Some third-party EMM providers also allow you to set up devices using a G Suite or Cloud Identity account. For more information, see how to Use Android with G Suite or Cloud Identity.
Organizations using Microsoft® Office 365 or Exchange ActiveSync
Microsoft® Office 365 and Exchange ActiveSync offer basic security and management capabilities on Android. Some third-party EMM providers also allow you to set up devices using a Microsoft account. To learn more, see how to Use Android with Microsoft® Office 365 or Exchange ActiveSync.
All other organizations
If your organization:
- Uses any other identity provider, or
- Doesn't have an identity provider, or
- Doesn't require devices to be set up with accounts created by an identity provider,
you can choose any third-party EMM provider for your management solution.