Choose a management solution (EMM)
A management solution helps you set up, secure, and manage devices in your organization. For example, a management solution allows you to:
- Visualize your inventory of devices.
- Enforce basic security policies like screen lock with a passcode and storage encryption.
- Remotely wipe data if a device is lost or stolen.
- Distribute and configure apps.
- Enforce more advanced policies depending on your needs.
Some common identity and productivity providers offer built-in Android management features as part of their solution. Third-party enterprise mobility management (EMM) providers also offer Android management solutions for organizations.
Organizations using Google Workspace or Cloud Identity
All editions of Google Workspace and Cloud Identity offer basic and advanced security and management capabilities for Android. Some third-party EMM providers also allow you to set up devices using a Google Workspace or Cloud Identity account. For more information, see how to Use Android with managed Google domains.
Organizations using Microsoft® Office 365 or Exchange ActiveSync
Microsoft® Office 365 and Exchange ActiveSync offer basic security and management capabilities on Android. Some third-party EMM providers also allow you to set up devices using a Microsoft account. To learn more, see how to Use Android with Microsoft® Office 365 or Exchange ActiveSync.
All other organizations
If your organization:
- Uses any other identity provider, or
- Doesn't have an identity provider, or
- Doesn't require devices to be set up with accounts created by an identity provider,
you can choose any third-party EMM provider for your management solution.