To set up an Android device with a Google Workspace or Cloud Identity account, you just need to add your account to the device. How you add your account depends on whether you're setting up a new (or factory-reset) device or an existing device.
Set up a new device
If you have a new or factory-reset device, add your Google Workspace or Cloud Identity account during device setup:
- Turn on your device.
- Follow the on-screen steps until you're prompted to enter a Google Account.
- Enter your Google Workspace or Cloud Identity account email and password.
- Follow the on-screen steps until setup is complete.
If your organization has advanced management enabled and your device isn't marked as corporate-owned, you will be asked to choose how you want to use the device:
- If you plan to add personal data on the device, check I own this device. The device will be set up with a work profile to keep your work and personal data separate.
- If you don't plan to add personal data on the device, don't check I own this device. The device will be set up in fully managed mode.
Set up an existing device
If your device is already set up, add your Google Workspace or Cloud Identity account. If your account is already on your device, you don’t need to do anything. To add your account:
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap Accounts. If you can't see 'Accounts', tap Users & accounts.
- At the bottom, tap Add account.
- Tap Google.
- Enter your G Suite or Cloud Identity account email and password.
If your organization has advanced management enabled, you will be prompted to set up a work profile to keep corporate data secure and separate from your personal data.
Organizations with Google Workspace Business Plus, Enterprise, Education Standard, Education Plus or Cloud Identity Premium can import company-owned devices into their inventory. Devices in your organization's company-owned inventory are automatically set up in fully managed mode, and work profile is not available.