Things to consider with setup and placement
Before setting up your Wifi point, there are a few things to consider in order to have the best Wi-Fi performance possible.
- Choose an open space in plain view, for example on a shelf or TV stand.
- As a general rule, Wifi points work best when they're about 2 rooms away from each other.
- We also suggest placing your Wifi point in a central location at eye level. This’ll provide even coverage throughout your home.
Find out more about where to put your Wifi point.
- If one or more wireless routers are broadcasting Wi-Fi near your Wifi point, this may cause interference. Find out more
- If your Wifi point and another nearby router are broadcasting the same Wi-Fi network name, it’s possible your mobile device will connect to the other router and not your Wifi point. Find out more
- If you want to connect multiple Wifi points devices, they need to be set up in a very specific way, with one Wifi point in NAT mode and the others in bridge mode. Find out more
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?