Nest Wifi and Google Wifi can proactively help you identify and suggest fixes for many potential network problems. If a problem is detected, you’ll receive a network insight as a Google Home app notification or through your Google Home Feed. Past network insight events, including those that have been resolved, can be found in your Feed’s history.
Nest Wifi and Google Wifi network insights identify issues like:
- Your network password recently changed and a device can’t connect
- Your device is having trouble staying connected
- Your mesh network has areas of poor coverage
- Determining the cause of your slow internet (Modem, Ethernet connection, Network congestion, ISP)
- Unknown device is added to your network
- New device notifications
- Network is offline or back online
- Wifi point is offline or back online
- Rogue DHCP server detection
Notifications and Home Feed
Nest Wifi and Google Wifi use different methods to notify you of potential issues based on how important they may be to your network.
- App notifications are primarily used for urgent alerts that need your attention, like when your network or mesh point is offline, a new device has been added to your network, or a device cannot connect to the network. You can choose to receive or not receive Wifi network notifications in the Google Home app.
- Home Feed events show active and recent issues.
- You can review previous network insights that you’ve received by going to the history section of your Google Home feed. This will include events that have been resolved.
If you experience an issue with a device on your network, go to the Google Home app and check your Feed to learn if a recommended fix is available. You can then follow the link in the insight to learn more about the cause of the issue and how to fix it.